Terms and Conditions
1. Status of Terms
2. Place of performance and applicable law
3. Placing an order
4. Returns Policy
4.2 If you exercise your right to cancel your order after the goods have been despatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to 3LT at your own risk and cost, therefore, we strongly recommend you use an insured delivery method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. All returns are subject to the following conditions, except where the goods are faulty or incorrectly described on the website.
- Your product must be complete and in 'as new' condition (e.g. if you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging).
- It must not have been used or installed. It should be returned with the original box, packing and accessories you received with it.
- Software, memory cards, DVDs, and Pre-recorded videotapes can only be accepted if still sealed. This policy is to avoid any potential breach of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act (CDPA) 1988. All opened software is exempt from return under the terms of the distance Selling Regulations (SI2334/2000). Software that arrives damaged or is physically faulty may be returned under our normal returns policy.
- This offer does not apply to film, developing or printing services.
- A proof of purchase must be supplied.
- You must return any free gifts which came with the product.
- We will not refund any items that have been specially ordered to your individual specification or personalised.
- Goods returned outside the 7 days cancellation period (but within 28 days of receipt) that can not be re-sold as new will only be refunded to their mail order return value and a credit note may be issued.
Where we have made a charge for postage, this will be deducted from your refund if the goods have been dispatched to you.
4.3 You cannot cancel your purchase when:
- the seal has been broken on any videotapes, DVDs, CDs, memory cards, or software; or
- the goods were a special order to your specification; or
- 28 days has elapsed following receipt of the goods
Until such time as you return the goods to us you must take reasonable care of the item(s) and not use them. Any use of the delivered goods beyond that necessary to inspect the goods upon delivery will invalidate your right to cancel the contract.
4.4 Authorising the Return You must prior to returning any goods received, contact our Customer Services on 01234 828834 or e-mail us at email@example.com stating your name, a description of the goods or services concerned and the order number of the cancelled order. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your refund or the product being returned to you. All authorised returns must be returned to 3 Legged Thing Limited, Returns Dept., Unit 2A Kinsbourne Farm, Bury End, Stagsden, Bedfordshire MK43 8TS.
4.5 Faulty or incorrectly described Goods
You will always have the option of an exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 28 days of delivery. If there is a fault with your product within 6 months of delivery but after the first 28 days, we will always offer a repair in the first instance. As an exception you may be offered an exchange or (full or partial) refund. After 6 months but within 12 months we will offer a repair only. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault and, if no fault is found return the product to you. No refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received by ourselves and an appraisal made as to any fault.
4.6 To qualify for a refund or exchange the products must be:
- in otherwise "as new" condition; and
- complete with any accessories and free gifts offered with it (and, if possible, the original box and packaging and warranty).
4.7 Following us receiving your instruction to cancel your order you will be refunded within 30 days.
4.8 This promise does not cover faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
4.9 Any refund due to a fault or other defect within the first 6 months of purchase will include a refund of the delivery charge. We will also pay for your costs of returning the goods for replacement or refund providing you have not had the goods longer than 6 months. Outside of 6 months you will be responsible for covering the costs of returning the goods, we strongly recommend you use an insured method such as Royal Mail Special Delivery. Replacement goods are sent by standard delivery only (i.e. premium services are not available)
4.10 THIS RETURNS POLICY DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. DETAILS OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU OR CONSUMER DIRECT.